With the dramatic rise of health care costs, Wexler Wallace is leading actions across the country, challenging wide-ranging fraudulent and unfair conduct in the healthcare industry that contribute to these higher prices. Wexler Wallace has prosecuted claims for:
- Reporting of fraudulent pharmaceutical prices
- Failures to recall defective health devices
- A conspiracy to increase prices on over 400 brand name drugs
- The filing of baseless lawsuits and administrative actions designed to delay generic drug entry
- A pharmacy’s illegal substitution of more expensive versions of generic drugs to increase its own profits
Bringing claims under RICO, the antitrust laws, state consumer protection statutes and more, Wexler Wallace has successfully prosecuted cases against some of the largest companies in the healthcare industry, including for example, McKesson Corp., Becton Dickinson, Astrazeneca, Glaxosmithkline, Abbott Laboratories, Bristol Meyers Squibb, Johnson & Johnson and Bayer Corporation.
Wexler Wallace’s case against McKesson Corp. for manipulating the reimbursement benchmark for drug purchases resulted in one of the largest, if not the largest, RICO settlements ever.
If you believe you or your business has been harmed by an unfair or fraudulent business practice in the healthcare area, please contact us.